Financial Stock Market Forecast Using Data Mining in Palestine
الكلمات المفتاحية:ANN، Data Mining، Back Propagation Algorithm، Palestinian Stock Exchange.
This research involves building a model for forecasting stock price movements using data mining techniques with Artificial Intelligence classifier. Concerning the forecasting problem, we tackle the challenge of choosing Palestinian Stock Exchange (PSX) as an input data in the period between 2005-2017 and processing it accordingly to improve the predicting accuracy for the Palestinian stock market prices. We also address the issue of evaluating the prediction performance. Our results show that the best configuration for ANN is 6-5-1, which means six inputs, five neurons in hidden layer and one output. ANN classifier is feed-forward multi-layer perceptron neural network that is trained with back propagation algorithm. In addition, the results show we have a high degree of accuracy for prediction (0.010 +/- 0.000 for Root Mean Squared Error), this accuracy is higher than other related researches.
- The editorial board confirms its commitment to the intellectual property rights
- Researchers also have to commit to the intellectual property rights.
- The research copyrights and publication are owned by the Journal once the researcher is notified about the approval of the paper. The scientific materials published or approved for publishing in the Journal should not be republished unless a written acknowledgment is obtained by the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- Research papers should not be published or republished unless a written acknowledgement is obtained from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- The researcher has the right to accredit the research to himself, and to place his name on all the copies, editions and volumes published.
- The author has the right to request the accreditation of the published papers to himself.