Exact Formula Computing the Wiener Index on Rows of Unit Cells of the Diamond Cubic Grid Connected in a Row
الكلمات المفتاحية:Wiener Index، Body-Centered Cubic Grid، Face-Centered Cubic، Diamond Grid، Shortest Paths، Non-Traditional Grids.
The Wiener Index, the sum of distances between all pairs of vertices in a connected graph, is a graph invariant much studied in both mathematical and chemical literature.Topological graph indices are introduced as mathematical tools for molecule descriptions. Recently, they were computed not only for graphs representing molecules, but for other regular structured graphs including some 2 and 3 dimensional structures. The Carbon atoms in the diamond are arranged in a well defined structure. In this paper, the graph of this structure is analysed, especially, the connected part of a sequence of unit cells. The Wiener index, as the sum of the distances for every pair of atoms is computed, a closed formula depending only on the number of unit cells is proven.
- The editorial board confirms its commitment to the intellectual property rights
- Researchers also have to commit to the intellectual property rights.
- The research copyrights and publication are owned by the Journal once the researcher is notified about the approval of the paper. The scientific materials published or approved for publishing in the Journal should not be republished unless a written acknowledgment is obtained by the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- Research papers should not be published or republished unless a written acknowledgement is obtained from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- The researcher has the right to accredit the research to himself, and to place his name on all the copies, editions and volumes published.
- The author has the right to request the accreditation of the published papers to himself.